Thursday, October 25, 2007

DIYTube ST-35

Its been a while since I've posted. I'm about to start building a DIYTube ST-35 amplifier. At least, that is what I started out to build. When I first started investigating this project I wanted to use Magnequest's version of the Z-565 output transformers. Unfortunately, Mike quit making them when I contacted him. Fortunately, I came across a listing on Audiogon for a set of MQ transformers with M3 laminations and brass bells, as well as an Electra-print power transformer custom designed to support a tube rectifier.

After a few exchanges with the seller, I discovered Vaughn Audio and its associated forum. While I have only started one thread, the folks there appear to be very knowlegable and eager to share the novice.

I've decided to learn a little more than how to solder and follow directions this time around. I'm going to start off with the power supply. We'll see how things go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home